Aug 20, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Jose Bautista is finally on the verge of returning from his wrist injury following several setbacks, as John Lott of the National Post reports that the Blue Jays slugger is ready to begin a minor-league rehab assignment.
Bautista took batting practice Saturday and Sunday, saying afterward that his wrist is “100 percent” healthy. He’ll play a few games in the minors and potentially come off the disabled list Friday, explaining: “If I feel good, I’ll request to come back as soon as possible.”
He’s been out since July 16, as the injury derailed a hot streak that saw Bautista hit .279 with 22 homers, 50 RBIs, and a 1.021 OPS over a 58-game stretch after carrying a .177 batting average into mid-May.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)