Aug 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Rocket returns. No, not to the majors, but he will be pitching again:
Sugar Land Skeeters president Matt O’Brien and Roger Clemens’ agent Randy Hendricks told FOX 26 Sports that Roger Clemens worked out for the Skeeters today and will sign with the team.
Hendricks and O’Brien told FOX Clemens will start for the Skeeters this Saturday in Sugar Land.
Skeeters officials said Clemens had a full workout today, was clocked at 87 mph and is in great shape.
Sugar Land is in the Atlantic League in independent ball so it’s not like it should be too hard to crack that rotation. I mean, if the Skeeters didn’t want him, the only other place around with lower standards would be prison leagues and the Houston Astros.
Now: we need the Lancaster Barnstormers to sign Barry Bonds so that everyone’s head can explode at once.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)