Aug 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Rocket returns. No, not to the majors, but he will be pitching again:
Sugar Land Skeeters president Matt O’Brien and Roger Clemens’ agent Randy Hendricks told FOX 26 Sports that Roger Clemens worked out for the Skeeters today and will sign with the team.
Hendricks and O’Brien told FOX Clemens will start for the Skeeters this Saturday in Sugar Land.
Skeeters officials said Clemens had a full workout today, was clocked at 87 mph and is in great shape.
Sugar Land is in the Atlantic League in independent ball so it’s not like it should be too hard to crack that rotation. I mean, if the Skeeters didn’t want him, the only other place around with lower standards would be prison leagues and the Houston Astros.
Now: we need the Lancaster Barnstormers to sign Barry Bonds so that everyone’s head can explode at once.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)