Aug 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Rocket returns. No, not to the majors, but he will be pitching again:
Sugar Land Skeeters president Matt O’Brien and Roger Clemens’ agent Randy Hendricks told FOX 26 Sports that Roger Clemens worked out for the Skeeters today and will sign with the team.
Hendricks and O’Brien told FOX Clemens will start for the Skeeters this Saturday in Sugar Land.
Skeeters officials said Clemens had a full workout today, was clocked at 87 mph and is in great shape.
Sugar Land is in the Atlantic League in independent ball so it’s not like it should be too hard to crack that rotation. I mean, if the Skeeters didn’t want him, the only other place around with lower standards would be prison leagues and the Houston Astros.
Now: we need the Lancaster Barnstormers to sign Barry Bonds so that everyone’s head can explode at once.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)