Aug 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
The Rocket returns. No, not to the majors, but he will be pitching again:
Sugar Land Skeeters president Matt O’Brien and Roger Clemens’ agent Randy Hendricks told FOX 26 Sports that Roger Clemens worked out for the Skeeters today and will sign with the team.
Hendricks and O’Brien told FOX Clemens will start for the Skeeters this Saturday in Sugar Land.
Skeeters officials said Clemens had a full workout today, was clocked at 87 mph and is in great shape.
Sugar Land is in the Atlantic League in independent ball so it’s not like it should be too hard to crack that rotation. I mean, if the Skeeters didn’t want him, the only other place around with lower standards would be prison leagues and the Houston Astros.
Now: we need the Lancaster Barnstormers to sign Barry Bonds so that everyone’s head can explode at once.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 15
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 69
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)