Aug 20, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
All you need to know about how poorly Scott Kazmir‘s time with the independent league Sugar Land Skeeters is going can be found in the first sentence of this game recap on the team’s official website:
Eight walks sounds bad, but there are plenty of positives to be found in Scott Kazmir’s last start.
When someone is looking to find “positives” within an eight-walk start from a 28-year-old former big-league All-Star pitching in an independent league … well, things aren’t going well.
Here’s more, from recapper Devon Teeple:
The numbers don’t do it justice. Sure, Kazmir walked eight batters and dropped to 0-5, but he went six innings, the most in his eight appearances. He only allowed two earned runs, and four hits while striking out four. Again, this is a testament to the hard work he is putting in. Take away the walks and Kazmir produced his best start for the Sugar Land Skeeters.
Yes, if you take away the eight walks it wasn’t a bad little outing. Now, in fairness within that same article it says Kazmir’s fastball was clocked in the mid-90s, which would be legitimately encouraging if true.
And now he’ll be rotation-mates with Roger Clemens. Helluva team.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)