Aug 20, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Showtime’s documentary series “The Franchise” followed the Giants last season and the Marlins this season, but the network has decided to cancel this year’s version after just seven episodes.
It was supposed to go at least eight episodes, but both sides agreed to cut it short after Showtime declined to broadcast any more than the initial allotment with the Marlins currently in last place at 55-67.
Or as Marlins president David Samson told Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post: “There was an option to do more but given the state of our season, it was decided that the original eight would suffice.”
Sure, the Marlins are really bad, but I think it was HBT’s own Drew Silva making a cameo appearance that ultimately caused Showtime to pull the plug.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 42
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 46
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 7
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months