Aug 20, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Showtime’s documentary series “The Franchise” followed the Giants last season and the Marlins this season, but the network has decided to cancel this year’s version after just seven episodes.
It was supposed to go at least eight episodes, but both sides agreed to cut it short after Showtime declined to broadcast any more than the initial allotment with the Marlins currently in last place at 55-67.
Or as Marlins president David Samson told Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post: “There was an option to do more but given the state of our season, it was decided that the original eight would suffice.”
Sure, the Marlins are really bad, but I think it was HBT’s own Drew Silva making a cameo appearance that ultimately caused Showtime to pull the plug.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)