Aug 20, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
If you really don’t like the current stalemate involving the A’s, Oakland and San Jose, you’re in luck. There’s a potential break in it! The bad news? It could lead to an even uglier situation than we currently have!
The short version: as it appears increasingly unlikely that the A’s will be allowed to move to San Jose, Lew Wolff could force Major League Baseball’s hand by simply refusing to sign a new lease with Oakland, leaving them homeless and, potentially, the ward of Major League Baseball.
The details of all of this can be found over at Field of Schemes, linking Newballpark.org’s talk about the sort of Minnesota Vikings brinksmanship over the ballpark situation.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)