Aug 20, 2012, 4:38 PM EST
If you really don’t like the current stalemate involving the A’s, Oakland and San Jose, you’re in luck. There’s a potential break in it! The bad news? It could lead to an even uglier situation than we currently have!
The short version: as it appears increasingly unlikely that the A’s will be allowed to move to San Jose, Lew Wolff could force Major League Baseball’s hand by simply refusing to sign a new lease with Oakland, leaving them homeless and, potentially, the ward of Major League Baseball.
The details of all of this can be found over at Field of Schemes, linking Newballpark.org’s talk about the sort of Minnesota Vikings brinksmanship over the ballpark situation.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)