Aug 20, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
If you really don’t like the current stalemate involving the A’s, Oakland and San Jose, you’re in luck. There’s a potential break in it! The bad news? It could lead to an even uglier situation than we currently have!
The short version: as it appears increasingly unlikely that the A’s will be allowed to move to San Jose, Lew Wolff could force Major League Baseball’s hand by simply refusing to sign a new lease with Oakland, leaving them homeless and, potentially, the ward of Major League Baseball.
The details of all of this can be found over at Field of Schemes, linking Newballpark.org’s talk about the sort of Minnesota Vikings brinksmanship over the ballpark situation.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)