Aug 20, 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
If you really don’t like the current stalemate involving the A’s, Oakland and San Jose, you’re in luck. There’s a potential break in it! The bad news? It could lead to an even uglier situation than we currently have!
The short version: as it appears increasingly unlikely that the A’s will be allowed to move to San Jose, Lew Wolff could force Major League Baseball’s hand by simply refusing to sign a new lease with Oakland, leaving them homeless and, potentially, the ward of Major League Baseball.
The details of all of this can be found over at Field of Schemes, linking Newballpark.org’s talk about the sort of Minnesota Vikings brinksmanship over the ballpark situation.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)