Aug 21, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
I’m an admitted Bryce Harper fanboy and, even though the Nats winning is bad for my team, I cheered like crazy when he hit a homer on Friday night.
But it’s a good thing I didn’t get too excited. That can get you kicked out of Nats Park. From DCist:
A friend of DCist tweeted yesterday that a fan was thrown out of the game against the Atlanta Braves for holding up a sign that said, “I’m in love with Harper’s long balls.” Clever? Sure. Appropriate? Well, that’s debatable. Enough to get someone booted? Yep.
The team claims the right to police the signs. And that includes ones containing vulgarities, either real or imagined.
Not that you need an overly-active imagination in this particular instance.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 4
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)