Aug 21, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
I’m an admitted Bryce Harper fanboy and, even though the Nats winning is bad for my team, I cheered like crazy when he hit a homer on Friday night.
But it’s a good thing I didn’t get too excited. That can get you kicked out of Nats Park. From DCist:
A friend of DCist tweeted yesterday that a fan was thrown out of the game against the Atlanta Braves for holding up a sign that said, “I’m in love with Harper’s long balls.” Clever? Sure. Appropriate? Well, that’s debatable. Enough to get someone booted? Yep.
The team claims the right to police the signs. And that includes ones containing vulgarities, either real or imagined.
Not that you need an overly-active imagination in this particular instance.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 32
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 20
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)