Aug 21, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
I’m an admitted Bryce Harper fanboy and, even though the Nats winning is bad for my team, I cheered like crazy when he hit a homer on Friday night.
But it’s a good thing I didn’t get too excited. That can get you kicked out of Nats Park. From DCist:
A friend of DCist tweeted yesterday that a fan was thrown out of the game against the Atlanta Braves for holding up a sign that said, “I’m in love with Harper’s long balls.” Clever? Sure. Appropriate? Well, that’s debatable. Enough to get someone booted? Yep.
The team claims the right to police the signs. And that includes ones containing vulgarities, either real or imagined.
Not that you need an overly-active imagination in this particular instance.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 221
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (220)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)