Aug 21, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
I’m an admitted Bryce Harper fanboy and, even though the Nats winning is bad for my team, I cheered like crazy when he hit a homer on Friday night.
But it’s a good thing I didn’t get too excited. That can get you kicked out of Nats Park. From DCist:
A friend of DCist tweeted yesterday that a fan was thrown out of the game against the Atlanta Braves for holding up a sign that said, “I’m in love with Harper’s long balls.” Clever? Sure. Appropriate? Well, that’s debatable. Enough to get someone booted? Yep.
The team claims the right to police the signs. And that includes ones containing vulgarities, either real or imagined.
Not that you need an overly-active imagination in this particular instance.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)