Aug 21, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
Carrie Muskat of MLB.com heard this evening that Garza is officially “done” for the rest of the season.
Not because he had a setback, but because he simply doesn’t have enough time to make a full, normal recovery. And the Cubs don’t want to risk making the elbow injury any worse than it already is.
Garza registered a 3.91 ERA and 1.18 WHIP across 18 starts this season, striking out 96 batters and walking 32 in 103 2/3 innings. The 28-year-old will be salary eligible for arbitration for the final time heading into 2013 and the rebuilding Cubs seem likely to trade him in order to avoid paying what will be a hefty raise.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (150)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)