Aug 21, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Curt Schilling continues to blame other people for the fact that his company failed:
Former major league baseball pitcher Curt Schilling, whose video gaming company recently collapsed, called the governor a “dunce of epic proportions” … Schilling tweeted that “if the state loses money it’s because the Governor is a dunce of epic proportions, nothing I can do about that.” In follow-up tweets on Monday, Schilling also called the governor a “buffoon” and called the prospect of him getting re-elected in 2014 “terrifying.”
Not a nice thing to say to a guy who gave you $75 million in loan guarantees only to see you default on your obligations, fail to pay your employees — and having them work, unwittingly, for free in the meantime — and then leave them all in the lurch as you file for bankruptcy.
Yes, a politician was a problem. Not your overwhelming hubris, greed, ego and inexperience forming a toxic mix that ensured that you would fail before you even got that loan in the first place.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)