Aug 21, 2012, 9:41 AM EST
- Manny Machado‘s first four games: 6 for 16, 3 HR, 7 RBI
- Manny Machado’s next seven games: 4 for 24, 0 HR, 0 RBI
He has walked one time in 41 plate appearances.
The lesson isn’t that Manny Machado is no good. The lesson is that every rookie is going to get fastballs in the zone when he first comes up because the opposition likes to see what they got. Then, they adjust to the rookie way faster than the rookie adjusts to them and they get humbled. Unless their name is Mike Trout anyway.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 24
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 30
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)