Aug 21, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Three weeks after receiving a three-game suspension for making contact with a home plate umpire Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco is ready to actually start serving his punishment tonight.
His suspension has been reduced from three games to two games, so Mesoraco will sit out tonight and tomorrow while the Reds call up Dioner Navarro from Triple-A to serve as fill-in catching depth.
Part of the delay was due to Mesoraco missing time with a concussion, but he’s been on the active roster since August 9 while MLB took its time ruling on his appeal.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 0
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 14
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 14
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)