Aug 21, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Three weeks after receiving a three-game suspension for making contact with a home plate umpire Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco is ready to actually start serving his punishment tonight.
His suspension has been reduced from three games to two games, so Mesoraco will sit out tonight and tomorrow while the Reds call up Dioner Navarro from Triple-A to serve as fill-in catching depth.
Part of the delay was due to Mesoraco missing time with a concussion, but he’s been on the active roster since August 9 while MLB took its time ruling on his appeal.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 89
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 137
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 70
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (138)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)