Aug 21, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Three weeks after receiving a three-game suspension for making contact with a home plate umpire Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco is ready to actually start serving his punishment tonight.
His suspension has been reduced from three games to two games, so Mesoraco will sit out tonight and tomorrow while the Reds call up Dioner Navarro from Triple-A to serve as fill-in catching depth.
Part of the delay was due to Mesoraco missing time with a concussion, but he’s been on the active roster since August 9 while MLB took its time ruling on his appeal.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)