Aug 21, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Three weeks after receiving a three-game suspension for making contact with a home plate umpire Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco is ready to actually start serving his punishment tonight.
His suspension has been reduced from three games to two games, so Mesoraco will sit out tonight and tomorrow while the Reds call up Dioner Navarro from Triple-A to serve as fill-in catching depth.
Part of the delay was due to Mesoraco missing time with a concussion, but he’s been on the active roster since August 9 while MLB took its time ruling on his appeal.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 44
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 42
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)