Aug 21, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Sept. 8 is “Gigantes T-shirt” day at AT&T Park, and while Melky Cabrera‘s name isn’t attached to the promotion, it seems his likeness was going to be on the apparel, something that might have been even more embarrassing than tonight’s Hunter Pence bobblehead night in Philly.
Fortunately, the Giants were able to get a redo on the tees before they were printed, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports. The shirts, set to be handed out to the first 20,000 fans at the game, will now feature Angel Pagan instead.
Frankly, I’d still rather go Sept. 22 for Pablo Sandoval Garden Gnome night.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)