Aug 21, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Sept. 8 is “Gigantes T-shirt” day at AT&T Park, and while Melky Cabrera‘s name isn’t attached to the promotion, it seems his likeness was going to be on the apparel, something that might have been even more embarrassing than tonight’s Hunter Pence bobblehead night in Philly.
Fortunately, the Giants were able to get a redo on the tees before they were printed, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports. The shirts, set to be handed out to the first 20,000 fans at the game, will now feature Angel Pagan instead.
Frankly, I’d still rather go Sept. 22 for Pablo Sandoval Garden Gnome night.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 80
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)