Aug 21, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Sept. 8 is “Gigantes T-shirt” day at AT&T Park, and while Melky Cabrera‘s name isn’t attached to the promotion, it seems his likeness was going to be on the apparel, something that might have been even more embarrassing than tonight’s Hunter Pence bobblehead night in Philly.
Fortunately, the Giants were able to get a redo on the tees before they were printed, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports. The shirts, set to be handed out to the first 20,000 fans at the game, will now feature Angel Pagan instead.
Frankly, I’d still rather go Sept. 22 for Pablo Sandoval Garden Gnome night.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)