Aug 21, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Sept. 8 is “Gigantes T-shirt” day at AT&T Park, and while Melky Cabrera‘s name isn’t attached to the promotion, it seems his likeness was going to be on the apparel, something that might have been even more embarrassing than tonight’s Hunter Pence bobblehead night in Philly.
Fortunately, the Giants were able to get a redo on the tees before they were printed, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports. The shirts, set to be handed out to the first 20,000 fans at the game, will now feature Angel Pagan instead.
Frankly, I’d still rather go Sept. 22 for Pablo Sandoval Garden Gnome night.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 15
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 35
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 62
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)