Aug 21, 2012, 7:02 PM EST
Sept. 8 is “Gigantes T-shirt” day at AT&T Park, and while Melky Cabrera‘s name isn’t attached to the promotion, it seems his likeness was going to be on the apparel, something that might have been even more embarrassing than tonight’s Hunter Pence bobblehead night in Philly.
Fortunately, the Giants were able to get a redo on the tees before they were printed, CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports. The shirts, set to be handed out to the first 20,000 fans at the game, will now feature Angel Pagan instead.
Frankly, I’d still rather go Sept. 22 for Pablo Sandoval Garden Gnome night.
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 12
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 39
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 38
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)