Aug 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Anibal Sanchez hasn’t been much good for Detroit, going 1-3 with a 7.97 ERA since coming over in the July 23 trade from Miami, but the prospect centerpiece of the deal for the other side is ready to make his Marlins debut.
Jacob Turner will be called up Wednesday to start one of the games in a day-night doubleheader against the Diamondbacks, in Arizona.
Ozzie Guillen wasn’t sure if Turner will stick around after that, telling Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’d like to keep the 21-year-old right-hander in the rotation down the stretch but “we’re still debating.”
Since the trade–which also included Omar Infante going to Detroit and catching prospect Rob Brantly going to Miami–Turner has started five games at Triple-A with a 1.98 ERA, but his 16/12 K/BB ratio is considerably less impressive.
It’s possible that his batterymate Wednesday will be Brantly, who was called up last week.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4