Aug 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez hasn’t been much good for Detroit, going 1-3 with a 7.97 ERA since coming over in the July 23 trade from Miami, but the prospect centerpiece of the deal for the other side is ready to make his Marlins debut.
Jacob Turner will be called up Wednesday to start one of the games in a day-night doubleheader against the Diamondbacks, in Arizona.
Ozzie Guillen wasn’t sure if Turner will stick around after that, telling Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’d like to keep the 21-year-old right-hander in the rotation down the stretch but “we’re still debating.”
Since the trade–which also included Omar Infante going to Detroit and catching prospect Rob Brantly going to Miami–Turner has started five games at Triple-A with a 1.98 ERA, but his 16/12 K/BB ratio is considerably less impressive.
It’s possible that his batterymate Wednesday will be Brantly, who was called up last week.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 19
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (79)