Aug 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez hasn’t been much good for Detroit, going 1-3 with a 7.97 ERA since coming over in the July 23 trade from Miami, but the prospect centerpiece of the deal for the other side is ready to make his Marlins debut.
Jacob Turner will be called up Wednesday to start one of the games in a day-night doubleheader against the Diamondbacks, in Arizona.
Ozzie Guillen wasn’t sure if Turner will stick around after that, telling Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’d like to keep the 21-year-old right-hander in the rotation down the stretch but “we’re still debating.”
Since the trade–which also included Omar Infante going to Detroit and catching prospect Rob Brantly going to Miami–Turner has started five games at Triple-A with a 1.98 ERA, but his 16/12 K/BB ratio is considerably less impressive.
It’s possible that his batterymate Wednesday will be Brantly, who was called up last week.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1