Aug 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez hasn’t been much good for Detroit, going 1-3 with a 7.97 ERA since coming over in the July 23 trade from Miami, but the prospect centerpiece of the deal for the other side is ready to make his Marlins debut.
Jacob Turner will be called up Wednesday to start one of the games in a day-night doubleheader against the Diamondbacks, in Arizona.
Ozzie Guillen wasn’t sure if Turner will stick around after that, telling Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’d like to keep the 21-year-old right-hander in the rotation down the stretch but “we’re still debating.”
Since the trade–which also included Omar Infante going to Detroit and catching prospect Rob Brantly going to Miami–Turner has started five games at Triple-A with a 1.98 ERA, but his 16/12 K/BB ratio is considerably less impressive.
It’s possible that his batterymate Wednesday will be Brantly, who was called up last week.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)