Aug 21, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
I said on HBT Extra today that the Angels performance — poor, despite all of the new talent there this year — is the sort of thing that gets managers fired. Which it is. Just not Mike Scioscia, says Arte Moreno.
Or at least he sorta says it. He was asked by Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com about Mike Scioscia’s status, and he said:
I signed Mike long-term, and I’m invested in Mike long-term … We try not to make impulsive decisions. … Let’s put it this way: Right now, that is not in our thought process.
In between the first part of that passage and the first ellipsis was a ramble about how things change and the team will make changes when needed. Take from that what you will. My take is that while that is something less than a full-throated vote of confidence, Moreno hasn’t really thought about Mike Scioscia’s job status yet and is going to wait until the end of the season to do so.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 47
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)