Aug 21, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
I said on HBT Extra today that the Angels performance — poor, despite all of the new talent there this year — is the sort of thing that gets managers fired. Which it is. Just not Mike Scioscia, says Arte Moreno.
Or at least he sorta says it. He was asked by Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com about Mike Scioscia’s status, and he said:
I signed Mike long-term, and I’m invested in Mike long-term … We try not to make impulsive decisions. … Let’s put it this way: Right now, that is not in our thought process.
In between the first part of that passage and the first ellipsis was a ramble about how things change and the team will make changes when needed. Take from that what you will. My take is that while that is something less than a full-throated vote of confidence, Moreno hasn’t really thought about Mike Scioscia’s job status yet and is going to wait until the end of the season to do so.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)