Aug 21, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
I said on HBT Extra today that the Angels performance — poor, despite all of the new talent there this year — is the sort of thing that gets managers fired. Which it is. Just not Mike Scioscia, says Arte Moreno.
Or at least he sorta says it. He was asked by Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com about Mike Scioscia’s status, and he said:
I signed Mike long-term, and I’m invested in Mike long-term … We try not to make impulsive decisions. … Let’s put it this way: Right now, that is not in our thought process.
In between the first part of that passage and the first ellipsis was a ramble about how things change and the team will make changes when needed. Take from that what you will. My take is that while that is something less than a full-throated vote of confidence, Moreno hasn’t really thought about Mike Scioscia’s job status yet and is going to wait until the end of the season to do so.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (92)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)