Aug 21, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Vicente Padilla is back from the disabled list following a minimum 15-day stay, rejoining the Red Sox’s bullpen after missing time with a biceps injury.
To make room for Padilla’s return the Red Sox sent Danny Valencia to Triple-A after initially calling him up to help sub for the injured Will Middlebrooks at third base. Instead of turning to Valencia–who was acquired from the Twins in a small trade two weeks ago–manager Bobby Valentine opted to go with Nick Punto as Middlebrooks’ primary fill-in.
Padilla threw 39 innings with a very strong 43/11 K/BB ratio and very underwhelming 4.62 ERA before getting hurt. He’ll slide back into a setup role.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)