Aug 21, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
De Aza predictably came back down to earth after hitting .329 in 54 games for the White Sox last year, but he’s had a very solid season by hitting .281 with a .346 on-base percentage as Chicago’s center fielder and leadoff man.
Danks looked pretty overmatched in his first taste of the majors earlier this season, posting a 12/1 K/BB ratio in 51 plate appearances while producing a modest .621 OPS. If the White Sox go the veteran route DeWayne Wise will be De Aza’s main fill-in.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)