Aug 22, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Beltre and Mitch Moreland both knocked in five runs in the game. Moreland had a grand slam as part of the huge fourth inning.
It was the first career three-homer game for Beltre and his first multihomer game of 2012. He had homered just once in 20 games this month.
Beltre now has 22 homers and 71 RBI in 119 games for the season. That’s plenty good and still makes him one of the game’s best third baseman, but it pales in comparison to the 32 homers and 105 RBI he racked up in just 124 games last year.
Beltre became the eighth player to hit at least three homers in a game this season. His Rangers teammate, Josh Hamilton, hit four back on May 8. The others to hit three homers this season are the Yankees’ Curtis Granderson, the Brewers’ Ryan Braun, the Reds’ Joey Votto, the Rockies’ Carlos Gonzalez, the Diamondbacks’ Jason Kubel and the Mets’ Ike Davis.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)