Aug 22, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Beltre and Mitch Moreland both knocked in five runs in the game. Moreland had a grand slam as part of the huge fourth inning.
It was the first career three-homer game for Beltre and his first multihomer game of 2012. He had homered just once in 20 games this month.
Beltre now has 22 homers and 71 RBI in 119 games for the season. That’s plenty good and still makes him one of the game’s best third baseman, but it pales in comparison to the 32 homers and 105 RBI he racked up in just 124 games last year.
Beltre became the eighth player to hit at least three homers in a game this season. His Rangers teammate, Josh Hamilton, hit four back on May 8. The others to hit three homers this season are the Yankees’ Curtis Granderson, the Brewers’ Ryan Braun, the Reds’ Joey Votto, the Rockies’ Carlos Gonzalez, the Diamondbacks’ Jason Kubel and the Mets’ Ike Davis.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)