Aug 22, 2012, 8:29 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters that it’s only tightness. Posey was able to make four plate appearances — tallying two RBI — during Tuesday night’s 4-1 victory in Los Angeles and seems likely to return to action within the next couple of games.
The 25-year-old backstop is batting .327/.403/.538 with 19 home runs, 27 doubles and 79 RBI in 462 plate appearances this season. He has an incredible 1.199 OPS and 36 RBI in 35 games since the All-Star break.
San Francisco enters play Wednesday with a 1 1/2 game lead over the Dodgers in the National League West.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)