Aug 22, 2012, 8:29 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters that it’s only tightness. Posey was able to make four plate appearances — tallying two RBI — during Tuesday night’s 4-1 victory in Los Angeles and seems likely to return to action within the next couple of games.
The 25-year-old backstop is batting .327/.403/.538 with 19 home runs, 27 doubles and 79 RBI in 462 plate appearances this season. He has an incredible 1.199 OPS and 36 RBI in 35 games since the All-Star break.
San Francisco enters play Wednesday with a 1 1/2 game lead over the Dodgers in the National League West.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)