Aug 22, 2012, 8:29 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters that it’s only tightness. Posey was able to make four plate appearances — tallying two RBI — during Tuesday night’s 4-1 victory in Los Angeles and seems likely to return to action within the next couple of games.
The 25-year-old backstop is batting .327/.403/.538 with 19 home runs, 27 doubles and 79 RBI in 462 plate appearances this season. He has an incredible 1.199 OPS and 36 RBI in 35 games since the All-Star break.
San Francisco enters play Wednesday with a 1 1/2 game lead over the Dodgers in the National League West.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (157)