Aug 22, 2012, 8:29 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters that it’s only tightness. Posey was able to make four plate appearances — tallying two RBI — during Tuesday night’s 4-1 victory in Los Angeles and seems likely to return to action within the next couple of games.
The 25-year-old backstop is batting .327/.403/.538 with 19 home runs, 27 doubles and 79 RBI in 462 plate appearances this season. He has an incredible 1.199 OPS and 36 RBI in 35 games since the All-Star break.
San Francisco enters play Wednesday with a 1 1/2 game lead over the Dodgers in the National League West.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)