Aug 22, 2012, 8:29 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters that it’s only tightness. Posey was able to make four plate appearances — tallying two RBI — during Tuesday night’s 4-1 victory in Los Angeles and seems likely to return to action within the next couple of games.
The 25-year-old backstop is batting .327/.403/.538 with 19 home runs, 27 doubles and 79 RBI in 462 plate appearances this season. He has an incredible 1.199 OPS and 36 RBI in 35 games since the All-Star break.
San Francisco enters play Wednesday with a 1 1/2 game lead over the Dodgers in the National League West.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)