Aug 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Girardi stopped short of making the same proclamation, saying only “it’s possible” when asked about Sabathia feeling ready to return Friday versus the Indians.
Assuming he does start Sabathia will probably be on a limited (for him, at least) pitch count, as he made just 38 throws in the bullpen and would be returning without a minor-league rehab assignment of any kind.
For now the Yankees are listing “TBA” as Friday’s scheduled starter, so that’s a pretty good sign it’ll be Sabathia and Girardi is just waiting to make sure the big left-hander feels good today and tomorrow.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)