Aug 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Girardi stopped short of making the same proclamation, saying only “it’s possible” when asked about Sabathia feeling ready to return Friday versus the Indians.
Assuming he does start Sabathia will probably be on a limited (for him, at least) pitch count, as he made just 38 throws in the bullpen and would be returning without a minor-league rehab assignment of any kind.
For now the Yankees are listing “TBA” as Friday’s scheduled starter, so that’s a pretty good sign it’ll be Sabathia and Girardi is just waiting to make sure the big left-hander feels good today and tomorrow.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 49
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 7
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 75
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement