Aug 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Girardi stopped short of making the same proclamation, saying only “it’s possible” when asked about Sabathia feeling ready to return Friday versus the Indians.
Assuming he does start Sabathia will probably be on a limited (for him, at least) pitch count, as he made just 38 throws in the bullpen and would be returning without a minor-league rehab assignment of any kind.
For now the Yankees are listing “TBA” as Friday’s scheduled starter, so that’s a pretty good sign it’ll be Sabathia and Girardi is just waiting to make sure the big left-hander feels good today and tomorrow.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29