Aug 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Girardi stopped short of making the same proclamation, saying only “it’s possible” when asked about Sabathia feeling ready to return Friday versus the Indians.
Assuming he does start Sabathia will probably be on a limited (for him, at least) pitch count, as he made just 38 throws in the bullpen and would be returning without a minor-league rehab assignment of any kind.
For now the Yankees are listing “TBA” as Friday’s scheduled starter, so that’s a pretty good sign it’ll be Sabathia and Girardi is just waiting to make sure the big left-hander feels good today and tomorrow.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)