Aug 22, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Girardi stopped short of making the same proclamation, saying only “it’s possible” when asked about Sabathia feeling ready to return Friday versus the Indians.
Assuming he does start Sabathia will probably be on a limited (for him, at least) pitch count, as he made just 38 throws in the bullpen and would be returning without a minor-league rehab assignment of any kind.
For now the Yankees are listing “TBA” as Friday’s scheduled starter, so that’s a pretty good sign it’ll be Sabathia and Girardi is just waiting to make sure the big left-hander feels good today and tomorrow.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)