Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
As relayed by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins placed speedster Emilio Bonifacio on the 15-day disabled list after an MRI on his right knee Wednesday revealed a sprain.
Bonifacio suffered the injury late in Tuesday’s 6-5 defeat of the Diamondbacks. It’s not considered serious, but the 27-year-old will rest up for at least the next two weeks to avoid making it any worse.
Bonifacio has registered a .258/.330/.316 slash line with one home run, three doubles, 30 stolen bases and 11 RBI in 64 games played this season. He also missed a good chunk of time earlier this summer because of a sprained thumb.
The Marlins recalled left-handed reliever Dan Jennings in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)