Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
As relayed by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins placed speedster Emilio Bonifacio on the 15-day disabled list after an MRI on his right knee Wednesday revealed a sprain.
Bonifacio suffered the injury late in Tuesday’s 6-5 defeat of the Diamondbacks. It’s not considered serious, but the 27-year-old will rest up for at least the next two weeks to avoid making it any worse.
Bonifacio has registered a .258/.330/.316 slash line with one home run, three doubles, 30 stolen bases and 11 RBI in 64 games played this season. He also missed a good chunk of time earlier this summer because of a sprained thumb.
The Marlins recalled left-handed reliever Dan Jennings in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (77)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)