Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
As relayed by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins placed speedster Emilio Bonifacio on the 15-day disabled list after an MRI on his right knee Wednesday revealed a sprain.
Bonifacio suffered the injury late in Tuesday’s 6-5 defeat of the Diamondbacks. It’s not considered serious, but the 27-year-old will rest up for at least the next two weeks to avoid making it any worse.
Bonifacio has registered a .258/.330/.316 slash line with one home run, three doubles, 30 stolen bases and 11 RBI in 64 games played this season. He also missed a good chunk of time earlier this summer because of a sprained thumb.
The Marlins recalled left-handed reliever Dan Jennings in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)