Aug 22, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
No, not because his idiocy cost them 50 games worth of their second best hitter, but because he didn’t face them afterwards. That’s what Mike Krukow said on KNBR today anyway:
#SFGiants 4-1 roadie w/o Melky: “He never addressed the team, and it pissed them off. They’ve used the anger to forge chemistry.”
— Brian Murphy (@knbrmurph) August 22, 2012
Krukow: Yeeesss….. use your anger, Giants. Feel it flooow through you!
Kuiper: No! Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering!
So basically a battle for the Giants soul is what I’m imagining here.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 9
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)