Aug 22, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion. I saw one reporter who had Nova going to the DL. Everyone else is reporting that he’ll merely miss a start.
5: 02 PM: Ivan Nova had a bad night last night, and now it’s being reported that he felt “a grab” in his shoulder during his six-run, six-inning performance against the White Sox. As such, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list.
Nova, who has a 4.92 ERA and 139 strikeouts in 157 1/3 innings this season, is heading back to New York for tests. I guess this gives Joba Chamberlain a stay of major league roster execution pending the CC Sabathia activation.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)