Aug 22, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion. I saw one reporter who had Nova going to the DL. Everyone else is reporting that he’ll merely miss a start.
5: 02 PM: Ivan Nova had a bad night last night, and now it’s being reported that he felt “a grab” in his shoulder during his six-run, six-inning performance against the White Sox. As such, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list.
Nova, who has a 4.92 ERA and 139 strikeouts in 157 1/3 innings this season, is heading back to New York for tests. I guess this gives Joba Chamberlain a stay of major league roster execution pending the CC Sabathia activation.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 329
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 66
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 43
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (330)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)