Aug 22, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion. I saw one reporter who had Nova going to the DL. Everyone else is reporting that he’ll merely miss a start.
5: 02 PM: Ivan Nova had a bad night last night, and now it’s being reported that he felt “a grab” in his shoulder during his six-run, six-inning performance against the White Sox. As such, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list.
Nova, who has a 4.92 ERA and 139 strikeouts in 157 1/3 innings this season, is heading back to New York for tests. I guess this gives Joba Chamberlain a stay of major league roster execution pending the CC Sabathia activation.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)