Aug 22, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion. I saw one reporter who had Nova going to the DL. Everyone else is reporting that he’ll merely miss a start.
5: 02 PM: Ivan Nova had a bad night last night, and now it’s being reported that he felt “a grab” in his shoulder during his six-run, six-inning performance against the White Sox. As such, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list.
Nova, who has a 4.92 ERA and 139 strikeouts in 157 1/3 innings this season, is heading back to New York for tests. I guess this gives Joba Chamberlain a stay of major league roster execution pending the CC Sabathia activation.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (124)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)