Aug 22, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Sorry for the confusion. I saw one reporter who had Nova going to the DL. Everyone else is reporting that he’ll merely miss a start.
5: 02 PM: Ivan Nova had a bad night last night, and now it’s being reported that he felt “a grab” in his shoulder during his six-run, six-inning performance against the White Sox. As such, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list.
Nova, who has a 4.92 ERA and 139 strikeouts in 157 1/3 innings this season, is heading back to New York for tests. I guess this gives Joba Chamberlain a stay of major league roster execution pending the CC Sabathia activation.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)