Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
With CC Sabathia due back from the disabled list on Friday, the Yankees will have to make a roster move to open a spot for their returning ace. According to a source, the team is considering a demotion for Chamberlain, who has struggled badly in his seven appearances.
It would likely only be a short-term demotion, seeing as though rosters expand in eight days.
Whatever the case, Chamberlain is not pitching in high leverage situations and it’s not like he’s getting the job done. If he was anyone other than the famous guy Joba Chamberlain it wouldn’t be worth an article at this point, but he’s always going to be news, it seems.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)