Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
With CC Sabathia due back from the disabled list on Friday, the Yankees will have to make a roster move to open a spot for their returning ace. According to a source, the team is considering a demotion for Chamberlain, who has struggled badly in his seven appearances.
It would likely only be a short-term demotion, seeing as though rosters expand in eight days.
Whatever the case, Chamberlain is not pitching in high leverage situations and it’s not like he’s getting the job done. If he was anyone other than the famous guy Joba Chamberlain it wouldn’t be worth an article at this point, but he’s always going to be news, it seems.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)