Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
With CC Sabathia due back from the disabled list on Friday, the Yankees will have to make a roster move to open a spot for their returning ace. According to a source, the team is considering a demotion for Chamberlain, who has struggled badly in his seven appearances.
It would likely only be a short-term demotion, seeing as though rosters expand in eight days.
Whatever the case, Chamberlain is not pitching in high leverage situations and it’s not like he’s getting the job done. If he was anyone other than the famous guy Joba Chamberlain it wouldn’t be worth an article at this point, but he’s always going to be news, it seems.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)