Aug 22, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
With CC Sabathia due back from the disabled list on Friday, the Yankees will have to make a roster move to open a spot for their returning ace. According to a source, the team is considering a demotion for Chamberlain, who has struggled badly in his seven appearances.
It would likely only be a short-term demotion, seeing as though rosters expand in eight days.
Whatever the case, Chamberlain is not pitching in high leverage situations and it’s not like he’s getting the job done. If he was anyone other than the famous guy Joba Chamberlain it wouldn’t be worth an article at this point, but he’s always going to be news, it seems.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)