Aug 22, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Sports Illustrated continues to trickle out the results of player polling they did. We’ve had the most overrated, the most underrated, the meanest, the most eccentric and the most popular. Now, the phoniest: like you needed to tell me it was gonna be A-Rod?
Obviously (a) it’s not scientific; and (b) based on some of the anonymous player comments that come out when these things are published, players are as catty as a sewing circle. It has the added benefit of being totally meaningless.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)