Aug 22, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
I’m sure having $70 million in career earnings and a guaranteed $10 million contract for this season helped Randy Wolf get over being fired on his birthday, but even still the veteran left-hander showed a lot of class after the Brewers released him this morning:
I’ve known about it. I think the way the organization has treated me through this has been outstanding. They just wanted to give me a heads up. I think how much respect they showed me through this process was pretty amazing. I just wanted to thank them for everything. It’s really unfortunate that this year was the way it was, and there’s nobody more disappointed about it than I am.
Not surprisingly the local Milwaukee media was very fond of dealing with Wolf for the past three years.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)