Aug 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
As first reported by Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas, the Rangers have scratched right-handed starter Yu Darvish from his scheduled outing Thursday night against the Twins because of a tight right quad.
Darvish first felt the upper leg discomfort in the middle of his between-starts bullpen session Tuesday afternoon at the Ballpark in Arlington. He was able to complete the workout but had to stop and stretch multiple times, and the Rangers don’t want to risk this becoming a more serious thing.
Roy Oswalt will take the mound Thursday instead.
Darvish, 26, has a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 172/80 K/BB ratio over the first 147 2/3 innings of his major league career. He totaled 232 innings last season in Japan, so endurance should not be an issue.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)