Aug 22, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
As first reported by Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas, the Rangers have scratched right-handed starter Yu Darvish from his scheduled outing Thursday night against the Twins because of a tight right quad.
Darvish first felt the upper leg discomfort in the middle of his between-starts bullpen session Tuesday afternoon at the Ballpark in Arlington. He was able to complete the workout but had to stop and stretch multiple times, and the Rangers don’t want to risk this becoming a more serious thing.
Roy Oswalt will take the mound Thursday instead.
Darvish, 26, has a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 172/80 K/BB ratio over the first 147 2/3 innings of his major league career. He totaled 232 innings last season in Japan, so endurance should not be an issue.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)