Aug 22, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Happy birthday, Randy Wolf! Your present? Your unconditional release. Sincerely, the Milwaukee Brewers.
Not that it was undeserved. Wolf has been awful this year, posting a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this season. That combined with the need to find room for the soon-to-be-activated Shaun Marcum and to clear up space for auditions of pitchers who could help the Brewers next year made this move all but inevitable.
But hey: more free time tonight to go to Chuck E. Cheese or to get a free dinner at Denny’s or something. Beats how I spent my 36th birthday.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)