Aug 22, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Happy birthday, Randy Wolf! Your present? Your unconditional release. Sincerely, the Milwaukee Brewers.
Not that it was undeserved. Wolf has been awful this year, posting a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this season. That combined with the need to find room for the soon-to-be-activated Shaun Marcum and to clear up space for auditions of pitchers who could help the Brewers next year made this move all but inevitable.
But hey: more free time tonight to go to Chuck E. Cheese or to get a free dinner at Denny’s or something. Beats how I spent my 36th birthday.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 223
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (224)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)