Aug 22, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Happy birthday, Randy Wolf! Your present? Your unconditional release. Sincerely, the Milwaukee Brewers.
Not that it was undeserved. Wolf has been awful this year, posting a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this season. That combined with the need to find room for the soon-to-be-activated Shaun Marcum and to clear up space for auditions of pitchers who could help the Brewers next year made this move all but inevitable.
But hey: more free time tonight to go to Chuck E. Cheese or to get a free dinner at Denny’s or something. Beats how I spent my 36th birthday.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)