Aug 22, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Happy birthday, Randy Wolf! Your present? Your unconditional release. Sincerely, the Milwaukee Brewers.
Not that it was undeserved. Wolf has been awful this year, posting a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this season. That combined with the need to find room for the soon-to-be-activated Shaun Marcum and to clear up space for auditions of pitchers who could help the Brewers next year made this move all but inevitable.
But hey: more free time tonight to go to Chuck E. Cheese or to get a free dinner at Denny’s or something. Beats how I spent my 36th birthday.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 8
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 15
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)