Aug 22, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki flew to Philadelphia to be examined by the doctor who performed his groin surgery on June 21 and has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Tulowitzki will likely begin playing at Double-A this weekend, although nothing is official yet. He hasn’t seen game action since May 30, but fielded ground balls and took batting practice with the Rockies recently without any issues.
His return won’t do much for the Rockies beyond helping them avoid 100 losses, but finishing the season strong and heading into the offseason healthy would be a nice way to end a rough year for everyone involved.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)