Aug 23, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Roger Clemens’ comeback outing for the Sugar Land Skeeters will be shown on ESPN Classic and ESPN3.com on Saturday night, with the game slated to begin at 7:05 p.m. ET.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Clemens isn’t exactly going on a media blackout for the affair; he’s slated to do a pregame interview for ESPN Classic and a postgame interview for ESPN’s Baseball Tonight.
It will be Roger’s first game appearance since he allowed three runs in 2 2/3 innings for the Yankees in Game 3 of the 2007 ALDS against the Indians.
The 50-year-old Clemens reportedly topped out at 87 mph during a workout Monday. He’ll be facing a Bridgeport Bluefish team Saturday that includes several former major leaguers, including Shea Hillenbrand (hitting .194), Joey Gathright and Willie Otanez.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)