Aug 23, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Roger Clemens’ comeback outing for the Sugar Land Skeeters will be shown on ESPN Classic and ESPN3.com on Saturday night, with the game slated to begin at 7:05 p.m. ET.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Clemens isn’t exactly going on a media blackout for the affair; he’s slated to do a pregame interview for ESPN Classic and a postgame interview for ESPN’s Baseball Tonight.
It will be Roger’s first game appearance since he allowed three runs in 2 2/3 innings for the Yankees in Game 3 of the 2007 ALDS against the Indians.
The 50-year-old Clemens reportedly topped out at 87 mph during a workout Monday. He’ll be facing a Bridgeport Bluefish team Saturday that includes several former major leaguers, including Shea Hillenbrand (hitting .194), Joey Gathright and Willie Otanez.
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 0
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 27
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 58
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)