Aug 23, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Yesterday I prematurely wrote that the Yankees had placed Ivan Nova on the DL with some sort of arm or shoulder trouble. Turns out he was only reported to be skipping a start. This time, however, he really is going on the DL. He had an MRI and it showed inflammation in his right rotator cuff.
As I’m struggling to think of a pitcher who comes right back after having rotator cuff issues, it seems pretty unlikely that he’d be back before the season is over. In the meantime, David Phelps will get his slot.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)