Aug 23, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
Yesterday I prematurely wrote that the Yankees had placed Ivan Nova on the DL with some sort of arm or shoulder trouble. Turns out he was only reported to be skipping a start. This time, however, he really is going on the DL. He had an MRI and it showed inflammation in his right rotator cuff.
As I’m struggling to think of a pitcher who comes right back after having rotator cuff issues, it seems pretty unlikely that he’d be back before the season is over. In the meantime, David Phelps will get his slot.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)