Aug 23, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Yesterday I prematurely wrote that the Yankees had placed Ivan Nova on the DL with some sort of arm or shoulder trouble. Turns out he was only reported to be skipping a start. This time, however, he really is going on the DL. He had an MRI and it showed inflammation in his right rotator cuff.
As I’m struggling to think of a pitcher who comes right back after having rotator cuff issues, it seems pretty unlikely that he’d be back before the season is over. In the meantime, David Phelps will get his slot.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)