Aug 23, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
Yesterday I prematurely wrote that the Yankees had placed Ivan Nova on the DL with some sort of arm or shoulder trouble. Turns out he was only reported to be skipping a start. This time, however, he really is going on the DL. He had an MRI and it showed inflammation in his right rotator cuff.
As I’m struggling to think of a pitcher who comes right back after having rotator cuff issues, it seems pretty unlikely that he’d be back before the season is over. In the meantime, David Phelps will get his slot.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)