Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
We learned it was a possibility yesterday, but now it’s a reality: the Dodgers announced last night that Jerry Hairston is having season ending hip surgery. His recovery time is 4-6 months which should put him on track to be back for spring training.
Hairston has struggled mightily due to the hip problems since June. Still, losing his versatility — he can play anywhere — is a big blow for an otherwise shallowly-talented team with playoff aspirations.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)