Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
We learned it was a possibility yesterday, but now it’s a reality: the Dodgers announced last night that Jerry Hairston is having season ending hip surgery. His recovery time is 4-6 months which should put him on track to be back for spring training.
Hairston has struggled mightily due to the hip problems since June. Still, losing his versatility — he can play anywhere — is a big blow for an otherwise shallowly-talented team with playoff aspirations.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)