Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
We learned it was a possibility yesterday, but now it’s a reality: the Dodgers announced last night that Jerry Hairston is having season ending hip surgery. His recovery time is 4-6 months which should put him on track to be back for spring training.
Hairston has struggled mightily due to the hip problems since June. Still, losing his versatility — he can play anywhere — is a big blow for an otherwise shallowly-talented team with playoff aspirations.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)