Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
We learned it was a possibility yesterday, but now it’s a reality: the Dodgers announced last night that Jerry Hairston is having season ending hip surgery. His recovery time is 4-6 months which should put him on track to be back for spring training.
Hairston has struggled mightily due to the hip problems since June. Still, losing his versatility — he can play anywhere — is a big blow for an otherwise shallowly-talented team with playoff aspirations.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)