Aug 23, 2012, 11:32 PM EDT
Making his first rehab appearance for Double-A New Hampshire, Jose Bautista had two homers, including a grand slam, on Thursday night.
The rehabbing Adam Lind was also in the lineup for the Fisher Cats and went 1-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
Needless to say, the Jays are more excited about the prospect of getting Bautista back. He’s expected to be activated Friday after missing five weeks with a wrist injury. Lind is probably at least a few days away.
Anthony Gose, who went 0-for-4 in Thursday’s loss to the Tigers and is hitting .183 with 36 strikeouts in 82 at-bats since his callup, figures to be sent down to make room for Bautista.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)