Aug 23, 2012, 11:32 PM EST
Making his first rehab appearance for Double-A New Hampshire, Jose Bautista had two homers, including a grand slam, on Thursday night.
The rehabbing Adam Lind was also in the lineup for the Fisher Cats and went 1-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
Needless to say, the Jays are more excited about the prospect of getting Bautista back. He’s expected to be activated Friday after missing five weeks with a wrist injury. Lind is probably at least a few days away.
Anthony Gose, who went 0-for-4 in Thursday’s loss to the Tigers and is hitting .183 with 36 strikeouts in 82 at-bats since his callup, figures to be sent down to make room for Bautista.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)