Aug 23, 2012, 11:32 PM EDT
Making his first rehab appearance for Double-A New Hampshire, Jose Bautista had two homers, including a grand slam, on Thursday night.
The rehabbing Adam Lind was also in the lineup for the Fisher Cats and went 1-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
Needless to say, the Jays are more excited about the prospect of getting Bautista back. He’s expected to be activated Friday after missing five weeks with a wrist injury. Lind is probably at least a few days away.
Anthony Gose, who went 0-for-4 in Thursday’s loss to the Tigers and is hitting .183 with 36 strikeouts in 82 at-bats since his callup, figures to be sent down to make room for Bautista.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 24
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 12
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)