Aug 23, 2012, 4:24 PM EDT
Jason Marquis‘ surprising turnaround in San Diego is on hold thanks to a fractured left wrist suffered when he knocked down a line drive with his glove hand Tuesday.
Marquis actually remained in the game and pitched three more innings with a broken wrist, which is pretty remarkable. And afterward he admitted: “I had an idea it could possibly be broken, but you have to drag me off the mound.”
Marquis got released by the Twins in May after posting an 8.47 ERA and more walks (14) than strikeouts (12) in 34 innings, but quickly latched on with the Padres and has started 15 games with a 4.04 ERA and 79/28 K/BB ratio in 94 innings for San Diego.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)