Aug 23, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
There was some random talk back at the end of the Joe Torre years that it would be fun to make Derek Jeter the Yankees’ player manager. Setting aside the face that being the manager of the Yankees is more than a full time job and that part of that job is insulating guys like Jeter from scrutiny, that would be fun.
Jeremy Lynn of CSNChicago.com asked Jeter about managing. I’m getting the impression he’s not keen on the idea:
“No chance. No chance. Nada. Zero. No, not a chance.”
So you’re saying there’s a chance? Er,wait, he’s not even doing that.
Which makes sense. Because when you manage a baseball team, there is scant time to make love to supermodels on piles of cash. Just ask Don Zimmer.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)