Aug 23, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
I know that just about every team in contention starts doing this at the end of August or the beginning of September. But that doesn’t make it any less odd to see it:
For the first time in 15 years, the Orioles will be sending out postseason ticket invoices to plan holders starting Thursday morning. All season ticketholders should get the invoices — making them eligible to buy tickets to all levels of potential playoffs at Camden Yards — by next week, and perhaps as early as Friday.
If the O’s do make the playoffs, I wonder if the local media in Baltimore will take a long enough break from Ravens coverage to notice.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)