Aug 23, 2012, 5:50 PM EDT
Today’s minor league drug suspension announcement was a bit different than usual:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that three Minor League players in the Tampa Bay Rays organization have been suspended following their violations of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Second baseman Ryan Brett, pitcher Charles Cononie and pitcher Justin Woodall, all of whom are with Single-A Bowling Green of the Midwest League, each tested positive for methamphetamine and an amphetamine.
Meth? Meth! I know I tend to play down drug stuff in baseball, but I think this one is pretty alarming. Jeez.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 10
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)