Aug 23, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
An eventful game in Detroit this afternoon:
- Miguel Cabrera gets hurt;
- Justin Verlander pitches fantastically — striking out 12 in nine innings — but gets the no-decision;
- Austin Jackson makes a pretty darn spectacular catch in right-center, saving a run in the top of the 10th inning; and
- Alex Avila wins it in the 11th with a walkoff singling in Quintin Berry. Tigers take it over the Blue Jays, 3-2.
That was much needed by Avila. Not just because it won the game for Detroit, but because it snapped an 0 for 14 snap.
Viva afternoon baseball.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona