Aug 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Ballparks do nostalgia nights that focus on the 90s. For cryin’ out loud, when people say something happened “ten years ago” I still think they mean 1992.
Oh well. It happens. That moment when you realize that that doo-wop song your mom was listening to when you were a kid was newer then than the Tribe Called Quest album your’re listening to now is to your daughter.
Off my lawn. All of you. But before you do, go look at the pics on the linked article. Some of them are pretty darn funny.
Now, seriously, get off my lawn.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)