Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
While Matt Harrison‘s no-hit bid was broken up with two outs in the seventh inning tonight against the Twins, the fans at the Ballpark in Arlington still got to witness a little history.
Adrian Beltre hit for his second career cycle as part of an 8-0 victory. He had an RBI triple in the bottom of the first inning, an RBI double in the second, a solo homer in the fifth and a single in the seventh to finish it off. He’s the third player to hit for the cycle this season, joining Scott Hairston and Aaron Hill (twice).
Beltre previously hit for the cycle on September 1, 2008 as a member of the Mariners. Interestingly enough, it happened against the Rangers and the opposing pitcher that day was Harrison.
This has been a big week for Beltre, who now has four straight multi-hit games. He hit three home runs against the Orioles on Wednesday.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11