Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
While Matt Harrison‘s no-hit bid was broken up with two outs in the seventh inning tonight against the Twins, the fans at the Ballpark in Arlington still got to witness a little history.
Adrian Beltre hit for his second career cycle as part of an 8-0 victory. He had an RBI triple in the bottom of the first inning, an RBI double in the second, a solo homer in the fifth and a single in the seventh to finish it off. He’s the third player to hit for the cycle this season, joining Scott Hairston and Aaron Hill (twice).
Beltre previously hit for the cycle on September 1, 2008 as a member of the Mariners. Interestingly enough, it happened against the Rangers and the opposing pitcher that day was Harrison.
This has been a big week for Beltre, who now has four straight multi-hit games. He hit three home runs against the Orioles on Wednesday.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 154
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39