Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM EST
While Matt Harrison‘s no-hit bid was broken up with two outs in the seventh inning tonight against the Twins, the fans at the Ballpark in Arlington still got to witness a little history.
Adrian Beltre hit for his second career cycle as part of an 8-0 victory. He had an RBI triple in the bottom of the first inning, an RBI double in the second, a solo homer in the fifth and a single in the seventh to finish it off. He’s the third player to hit for the cycle this season, joining Scott Hairston and Aaron Hill (twice).
Beltre previously hit for the cycle on September 1, 2008 as a member of the Mariners. Interestingly enough, it happened against the Rangers and the opposing pitcher that day was Harrison.
This has been a big week for Beltre, who now has four straight multi-hit games. He hit three home runs against the Orioles on Wednesday.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)