Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
While Matt Harrison‘s no-hit bid was broken up with two outs in the seventh inning tonight against the Twins, the fans at the Ballpark in Arlington still got to witness a little history.
Adrian Beltre hit for his second career cycle as part of an 8-0 victory. He had an RBI triple in the bottom of the first inning, an RBI double in the second, a solo homer in the fifth and a single in the seventh to finish it off. He’s the third player to hit for the cycle this season, joining Scott Hairston and Aaron Hill (twice).
Beltre previously hit for the cycle on September 1, 2008 as a member of the Mariners. Interestingly enough, it happened against the Rangers and the opposing pitcher that day was Harrison.
This has been a big week for Beltre, who now has four straight multi-hit games. He hit three home runs against the Orioles on Wednesday.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 0
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 14
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 14
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)