Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
While Matt Harrison‘s no-hit bid was broken up with two outs in the seventh inning tonight against the Twins, the fans at the Ballpark in Arlington still got to witness a little history.
Adrian Beltre hit for his second career cycle as part of an 8-0 victory. He had an RBI triple in the bottom of the first inning, an RBI double in the second, a solo homer in the fifth and a single in the seventh to finish it off. He’s the third player to hit for the cycle this season, joining Scott Hairston and Aaron Hill (twice).
Beltre previously hit for the cycle on September 1, 2008 as a member of the Mariners. Interestingly enough, it happened against the Rangers and the opposing pitcher that day was Harrison.
This has been a big week for Beltre, who now has four straight multi-hit games. He hit three home runs against the Orioles on Wednesday.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)