Aug 24, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
I think MLB does a great job with social media and video and the entire online experience. Really, look around at what other leagues and most businesses do, and no one can hold a candle to ’em. Bravo, MLB. I mean that sincerely.
But that said, if someone isn’t fired over this tweet from last night, there should be a blue ribbon commission set up to investigate why:
Hey, it’s a tie game, and this is crazy, but here’s a single, so call me Mayberry: atmlb.com/P66af0
— MLB (@MLB) August 24, 2012
OK, maybe not fired. The person who tweeted that had to wake up this morning and look at themselves in the mirror. That’s punishment enough.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69