Aug 24, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
I went out drinking with a big group of people last night and one of them was a HardballTalk reader who remarked that he can usually tell who wrote posts without actually looking at the bylines.
I asked for an example, so he said a few things Calcaterra tends to focus on and a few things I tend to focus on. And then he said: “I know for sure any Brandon Inge post was you.”
I’m nothing if not consistent, so … Inge began a minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A as he comes back from a dislocated shoulder that he popped back into place himself after making a diving play at third base.
Craig Calcaterra: Known for trolling Phillies fans and talking about Batman.
Aaron Gleeman: Known for Brandon Inge injury updates and using the radio to get dates with women at the state fair.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)