Aug 24, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
I went out drinking with a big group of people last night and one of them was a HardballTalk reader who remarked that he can usually tell who wrote posts without actually looking at the bylines.
I asked for an example, so he said a few things Calcaterra tends to focus on and a few things I tend to focus on. And then he said: “I know for sure any Brandon Inge post was you.”
I’m nothing if not consistent, so … Inge began a minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A as he comes back from a dislocated shoulder that he popped back into place himself after making a diving play at third base.
Craig Calcaterra: Known for trolling Phillies fans and talking about Batman.
Aaron Gleeman: Known for Brandon Inge injury updates and using the radio to get dates with women at the state fair.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (122)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)