Some people are born to do Brandon Inge injury updates

Aug 24, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT

Brandon Inge Getty Getty Images

I went out drinking with a big group of people last night and one of them was a HardballTalk reader who remarked that he can usually tell who wrote posts without actually looking at the bylines.

I asked for an example, so he said a few things Calcaterra tends to focus on and a few things I tend to focus on. And then he said: “I know for sure any Brandon Inge post was you.”

I’m nothing if not consistent, so … Inge began a minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A as he comes back from a dislocated shoulder that he popped back into place himself after making a diving play at third base.

Inge was pretty terrible for the A’s after a hot start, so Jane Lee of MLB.com speculates that he’s no sure thing to reclaim the starting job at third base from Josh Donaldson.

Craig Calcaterra: Known for trolling Phillies fans and talking about Batman.

Aaron Gleeman: Known for Brandon Inge injury updates and using the radio to get dates with women at the state fair.

1. redguy12588 - Aug 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Some men aren’t looking for anything logical, like money. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to write about Brandon Inge.

2. Jeremy T - Aug 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Craig has a pretty distinctive writing style, too. Usually more informal than most other sportswriters I’ve read.

• tjv027 - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Also, whenever he’s writing a story, he’s typing as Chipper Jones is sitting on his face. So that’s pretty easy to pick up on.

• indaburg - Aug 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Craig likes snark with a side of snark. If it’s a story about the Rays, I know Matthew probably wrote it.

• Jeremy T - Aug 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Matthew tends to have more unpopular views in general, too, I think

3. aiede - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Don’t forget Calcaterra’s regular references to his girlfriend. (Who is, admittedly, awesome. But get a chatroom, kids.)

4. proudlycanadian - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

1) Any success with the women?

2) As it is Matthew who semi trolls the Blue Jay fans, I wonder if he will comment about today’s insignificant trade of Jesse Chavez to Oakland. Why Oakland wants him is a mystery. Jays fans are happy to see him gone.

5. philyeagles5 - Aug 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM

ive dislocated my left shoulder at least 10 times. not very hard to pop back in yourself.

6. historiophiliac - Aug 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

In other words, Inge returns to being Inge. This is a dude who injured his groin hitting .180 at the start of the season, totally whiffed at the Homerun Derby despite the fact that he wasn’t even facing Cano’s dad, and made 2 errors on 1 play in the World Series. God, I’m going to be sad when he retires; hating on him is one of my favorite pastimes, and it’s so much sweeter now that he isn’t screwing my Tigers with his goof-ups.

(PS Now that I know this about Gleeman, I will have to follow his posts more closely. ha ha!)

Final take away from World Series