Aug 24, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
CC Sabathia never thought his elbow issue was of major concern, and he dealt a blow to anyone who doubted him by holding the Indians to one run in 7 1/3 innings and striking out nine in a victory Friday night.
Sabathia allowed just four hits in improving to 13-3 on the season. An Asdrubal Cabrera home run to center was the only damage.
The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Bombers.
The most notable event from the game came when Corey Kluber beaned Derek Jeter in the second inning, knocking the shortstop’s helmet off (video here). Uncharacteristically, Jeter yelled at Kluber after the pitch, but he took his base and remained in the game. He finished with two hits.
Sabathia has won his last six decisions dating back to June 12. He’s now 3-1 with a 2.63 ERA in six career starts against his original organization.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)