Aug 24, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
There’s still no official timetable for Joey Votto‘s return, but the Reds first baseman finally sounds confident that he’ll be back in the lineup fairly soon.
Here’s some of what he told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
I’ve come a long way. I feel like I can’t put day on it. But I feel like I’ve come a long way. I don’t think it will be too much longer.
Votto hasn’t played since undergoing knee surgery in mid-July and required a second “minor” surgery two weeks ago after suffering a setback. He was having an amazing season when he went down, hitting .342 with an NL-leading 1.069 OPS, yet somehow the Reds have gone 26-12 without Votto in the lineup.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)