Aug 24, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
As expected the Blue Jays have activated Jose Bautista from the disabled list and he’s batting third for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Bautista smacked a pair of homers in a minor-league rehab game yesterday, leaving little doubt that his wrist is feeling good after sitting out five weeks.
Prior to being shut down Bautista was just starting to heat up following a brutal start, hitting .279 with 22 homers, 50 RBIs, and a 1.021 OPS over a 58-game stretch. Even after missing more than a month Bautista still ranks among the AL’s top 10 in homers and walks.
Toronto was 45-45 at the time of the injury, but just 11-23 since.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (110)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)