Aug 24, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
As expected the Blue Jays have activated Jose Bautista from the disabled list and he’s batting third for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Bautista smacked a pair of homers in a minor-league rehab game yesterday, leaving little doubt that his wrist is feeling good after sitting out five weeks.
Prior to being shut down Bautista was just starting to heat up following a brutal start, hitting .279 with 22 homers, 50 RBIs, and a 1.021 OPS over a 58-game stretch. Even after missing more than a month Bautista still ranks among the AL’s top 10 in homers and walks.
Toronto was 45-45 at the time of the injury, but just 11-23 since.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 44
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 6
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)