Aug 24, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
As expected the Blue Jays have activated Jose Bautista from the disabled list and he’s batting third for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Bautista smacked a pair of homers in a minor-league rehab game yesterday, leaving little doubt that his wrist is feeling good after sitting out five weeks.
Prior to being shut down Bautista was just starting to heat up following a brutal start, hitting .279 with 22 homers, 50 RBIs, and a 1.021 OPS over a 58-game stretch. Even after missing more than a month Bautista still ranks among the AL’s top 10 in homers and walks.
Toronto was 45-45 at the time of the injury, but just 11-23 since.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)