Aug 24, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
As expected the Blue Jays have activated Jose Bautista from the disabled list and he’s batting third for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Bautista smacked a pair of homers in a minor-league rehab game yesterday, leaving little doubt that his wrist is feeling good after sitting out five weeks.
Prior to being shut down Bautista was just starting to heat up following a brutal start, hitting .279 with 22 homers, 50 RBIs, and a 1.021 OPS over a 58-game stretch. Even after missing more than a month Bautista still ranks among the AL’s top 10 in homers and walks.
Toronto was 45-45 at the time of the injury, but just 11-23 since.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)