Aug 24, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
As expected the Blue Jays have activated Jose Bautista from the disabled list and he’s batting third for tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Bautista smacked a pair of homers in a minor-league rehab game yesterday, leaving little doubt that his wrist is feeling good after sitting out five weeks.
Prior to being shut down Bautista was just starting to heat up following a brutal start, hitting .279 with 22 homers, 50 RBIs, and a 1.021 OPS over a 58-game stretch. Even after missing more than a month Bautista still ranks among the AL’s top 10 in homers and walks.
Toronto was 45-45 at the time of the injury, but just 11-23 since.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)