Aug 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
David Pauley, who’s currently at Triple-A in Seattle’s farm system and has pitched in the majors for the Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers, Blue Jays, and Angels, has been suspended 50 games for a “drug of abuse.”
According to MLB the 50-game punishment comes as a result of this being Pauley’s second violation for an undisclosed substance.
This season alone the 29-year-old right-hander spent time in four different organizations, posting a 6.48 ERA in the majors and a 3.14 ERA in the minors when he wasn’t residing on the waiver wire.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 20
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims