Aug 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
David Pauley, who’s currently at Triple-A in Seattle’s farm system and has pitched in the majors for the Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers, Blue Jays, and Angels, has been suspended 50 games for a “drug of abuse.”
According to MLB the 50-game punishment comes as a result of this being Pauley’s second violation for an undisclosed substance.
This season alone the 29-year-old right-hander spent time in four different organizations, posting a 6.48 ERA in the majors and a 3.14 ERA in the minors when he wasn’t residing on the waiver wire.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)