Aug 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
David Pauley, who’s currently at Triple-A in Seattle’s farm system and has pitched in the majors for the Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers, Blue Jays, and Angels, has been suspended 50 games for a “drug of abuse.”
According to MLB the 50-game punishment comes as a result of this being Pauley’s second violation for an undisclosed substance.
This season alone the 29-year-old right-hander spent time in four different organizations, posting a 6.48 ERA in the majors and a 3.14 ERA in the minors when he wasn’t residing on the waiver wire.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106