Aug 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
David Pauley, who’s currently at Triple-A in Seattle’s farm system and has pitched in the majors for the Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers, Blue Jays, and Angels, has been suspended 50 games for a “drug of abuse.”
According to MLB the 50-game punishment comes as a result of this being Pauley’s second violation for an undisclosed substance.
This season alone the 29-year-old right-hander spent time in four different organizations, posting a 6.48 ERA in the majors and a 3.14 ERA in the minors when he wasn’t residing on the waiver wire.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 85
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15