Aug 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
David Pauley, who’s currently at Triple-A in Seattle’s farm system and has pitched in the majors for the Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers, Blue Jays, and Angels, has been suspended 50 games for a “drug of abuse.”
According to MLB the 50-game punishment comes as a result of this being Pauley’s second violation for an undisclosed substance.
This season alone the 29-year-old right-hander spent time in four different organizations, posting a 6.48 ERA in the majors and a 3.14 ERA in the minors when he wasn’t residing on the waiver wire.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 28
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 36
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 34
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)