Aug 24, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
A batting line of .271/.304/.350 can’t knock Michael Young out of the Texas Rangers lineup, but the stork can: the Rangers have placed Young on paternity leave. He left last night’s game to be with his wife and new baby and can remain on leave for up to 72 hours.
The Rangers called up Luis Hernandez from Triple-A Round Rock to take his place.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)