Aug 24, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
A batting line of .271/.304/.350 can’t knock Michael Young out of the Texas Rangers lineup, but the stork can: the Rangers have placed Young on paternity leave. He left last night’s game to be with his wife and new baby and can remain on leave for up to 72 hours.
The Rangers called up Luis Hernandez from Triple-A Round Rock to take his place.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29