Aug 24, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
A batting line of .271/.304/.350 can’t knock Michael Young out of the Texas Rangers lineup, but the stork can: the Rangers have placed Young on paternity leave. He left last night’s game to be with his wife and new baby and can remain on leave for up to 72 hours.
The Rangers called up Luis Hernandez from Triple-A Round Rock to take his place.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)