Aug 24, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
A batting line of .271/.304/.350 can’t knock Michael Young out of the Texas Rangers lineup, but the stork can: the Rangers have placed Young on paternity leave. He left last night’s game to be with his wife and new baby and can remain on leave for up to 72 hours.
The Rangers called up Luis Hernandez from Triple-A Round Rock to take his place.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8