Aug 24, 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
Unless I’m missing something, there have been three good things for the Mets in the second half:
1. R.A. Dickey continuing to be R.A. Dickey;
2. The emergence of Matt Harvey; and
3. Yesterday’s spiffy debut of Collin McHugh, who tossed seven scoreless against Colorado.
This is obviously not some problem. The Mets don’t need a fifth starter in the next week thanks to an off day and the rosters expand a week from Saturday. But it does kind of stink that a kid who just did something cool has to leave so quickly after doing it.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)