Aug 24, 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
Unless I’m missing something, there have been three good things for the Mets in the second half:
1. R.A. Dickey continuing to be R.A. Dickey;
2. The emergence of Matt Harvey; and
3. Yesterday’s spiffy debut of Collin McHugh, who tossed seven scoreless against Colorado.
This is obviously not some problem. The Mets don’t need a fifth starter in the next week thanks to an off day and the rosters expand a week from Saturday. But it does kind of stink that a kid who just did something cool has to leave so quickly after doing it.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona