Aug 24, 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
Unless I’m missing something, there have been three good things for the Mets in the second half:
1. R.A. Dickey continuing to be R.A. Dickey;
2. The emergence of Matt Harvey; and
3. Yesterday’s spiffy debut of Collin McHugh, who tossed seven scoreless against Colorado.
This is obviously not some problem. The Mets don’t need a fifth starter in the next week thanks to an off day and the rosters expand a week from Saturday. But it does kind of stink that a kid who just did something cool has to leave so quickly after doing it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17