Aug 24, 2012, 4:19 PM EST
Unless I’m missing something, there have been three good things for the Mets in the second half:
1. R.A. Dickey continuing to be R.A. Dickey;
2. The emergence of Matt Harvey; and
3. Yesterday’s spiffy debut of Collin McHugh, who tossed seven scoreless against Colorado.
This is obviously not some problem. The Mets don’t need a fifth starter in the next week thanks to an off day and the rosters expand a week from Saturday. But it does kind of stink that a kid who just did something cool has to leave so quickly after doing it.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)