Aug 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Roger Clemens is going to make his triumphant (?) return to active baseball tomorrow night for the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. It could be a dress rehearsal for a late season, Satchel Paige-ish start for the Houston Astros. But before he does that, he’s making the media rounds.
Tonight’s rounds include joining us on NBC SportsTalk at 6PM Eastern on the NBC Sports Network. Our host Eric Kuselias will talk to the Rocket at the top of the hour. Eric’s a former lawyer. Let’s see if he can get Clemens to admit that, yep, he and Jim Crane had a late season start for the Astros in the works for a long time now and that it isn’t really just some aw shucks, I just like to pitch thing.
After Clemens is on, they’ll be beaming me in from the My Mom’s Basement’s Studios to talk a bit about this comeback. Since I’ll be safely ensconced in the fortified compound over 1000 miles away from Clemens, I can actually say what I want with very little fear of being beaned in he head with a baseball.
Tune in. Please. Thank you.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 56
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)