Aug 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Roger Clemens is going to make his triumphant (?) return to active baseball tomorrow night for the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. It could be a dress rehearsal for a late season, Satchel Paige-ish start for the Houston Astros. But before he does that, he’s making the media rounds.
Tonight’s rounds include joining us on NBC SportsTalk at 6PM Eastern on the NBC Sports Network. Our host Eric Kuselias will talk to the Rocket at the top of the hour. Eric’s a former lawyer. Let’s see if he can get Clemens to admit that, yep, he and Jim Crane had a late season start for the Astros in the works for a long time now and that it isn’t really just some aw shucks, I just like to pitch thing.
After Clemens is on, they’ll be beaming me in from the My Mom’s Basement’s Studios to talk a bit about this comeback. Since I’ll be safely ensconced in the fortified compound over 1000 miles away from Clemens, I can actually say what I want with very little fear of being beaned in he head with a baseball.
Tune in. Please. Thank you.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)