Aug 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Roger Clemens is going to make his triumphant (?) return to active baseball tomorrow night for the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. It could be a dress rehearsal for a late season, Satchel Paige-ish start for the Houston Astros. But before he does that, he’s making the media rounds.
Tonight’s rounds include joining us on NBC SportsTalk at 6PM Eastern on the NBC Sports Network. Our host Eric Kuselias will talk to the Rocket at the top of the hour. Eric’s a former lawyer. Let’s see if he can get Clemens to admit that, yep, he and Jim Crane had a late season start for the Astros in the works for a long time now and that it isn’t really just some aw shucks, I just like to pitch thing.
After Clemens is on, they’ll be beaming me in from the My Mom’s Basement’s Studios to talk a bit about this comeback. Since I’ll be safely ensconced in the fortified compound over 1000 miles away from Clemens, I can actually say what I want with very little fear of being beaned in he head with a baseball.
Tune in. Please. Thank you.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)