Aug 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Roger Clemens is going to make his triumphant (?) return to active baseball tomorrow night for the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League. It could be a dress rehearsal for a late season, Satchel Paige-ish start for the Houston Astros. But before he does that, he’s making the media rounds.
Tonight’s rounds include joining us on NBC SportsTalk at 6PM Eastern on the NBC Sports Network. Our host Eric Kuselias will talk to the Rocket at the top of the hour. Eric’s a former lawyer. Let’s see if he can get Clemens to admit that, yep, he and Jim Crane had a late season start for the Astros in the works for a long time now and that it isn’t really just some aw shucks, I just like to pitch thing.
After Clemens is on, they’ll be beaming me in from the My Mom’s Basement’s Studios to talk a bit about this comeback. Since I’ll be safely ensconced in the fortified compound over 1000 miles away from Clemens, I can actually say what I want with very little fear of being beaned in he head with a baseball.
Tune in. Please. Thank you.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)