Roger Clemens (and I) will be on NBC SportsTalk tonight

Aug 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT

Celemens Softball

Roger Clemens is going to make his triumphant (?) return to active baseball tomorrow night for the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League.  It could be a dress rehearsal for a late season, Satchel Paige-ish start for the Houston Astros.  But before he does that, he’s making the media rounds.

Tonight’s rounds include joining us on NBC SportsTalk at 6PM Eastern on the NBC Sports Network.  Our host Eric Kuselias will talk to the Rocket at the top of the hour. Eric’s a former lawyer. Let’s see if he can get Clemens to admit that, yep, he and Jim Crane had a late season start for the Astros in the works for a long time now and that it isn’t really just some aw shucks, I just like to pitch thing.

After Clemens is on, they’ll be beaming me in from the My Mom’s Basement’s Studios to talk a bit about this comeback.  Since I’ll be safely ensconced in the fortified compound over 1000 miles away from Clemens, I can actually say what I want with very little fear of being beaned in he head with a baseball.

Tune in. Please. Thank you.

1. jayscarpa - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM

If he pitches for the Astros this year his HOF vote gets pushed back 5 years, a pretty good thing for him.

• henryd3rd - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

So what? You think all the present scribes who vote for HOF are going to die off in five years

• Francisco (FC) - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM

It may be more a matter of additional favorable thinking writers acquiring voting rights in the next 5 years.

2. latchbeam - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

If you were worried about his reaction, I would guess you are going to say something stupid.

3. Francisco (FC) - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Craig I’d love to watch (especially if I can get anything to spoof you with) but for some odd ball reason I only get CBS Sports Network in Canada, not NBC Sports Network.

4. lewp - Aug 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Craig I’d love to watch (especially if I can get anything to spoof you with) but for some odd ball reason I only get 3 channels on my rabbit ears since I can’t afford cable.

5. willclarkgameface - Aug 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM

This guy is such an ass hole. I hope Clemens gets SMOKED off the mound and busts a hammy or something.

6. ugglasforearms - Aug 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM

“… I can actually say what I want with very little fear of being beaned in he head with a baseball.”

Or hit by a thrown bat.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5251)