Aug 24, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post has a story up about what players are talking about out there, even if they’re not supposed to be talking to each other in the first place due to those archaic fraternization rules:
“You’re talking to a guy that’s been around so I pretty much know everybody,” [Chiper] Jones said. “I can strike up a conversation with just about anybody out there.”
Except they don’t know what the hell he’s talking about, what with all of those Yicketties and Mammos.
Seriously, though, fun stuff. It reminds you that, even though these guys compete hard, they all have more in common with each other than they do with people not in the game.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)