Aug 25, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Yes, the same wrist that forced him to the disabled list on July 17 and kept him there until August 24.
The Blue Jays will reevaluate Bautista after the game and again on Sunday morning before deciding whether he needs to be placed back on the shelf.
The 31-year-old drew a walk and scored a run before making his premature departure. He’s batting .241/.358/.527 with 27 home runs and 65 RBI through 399 plate appearances this season for Toronto.
UPDATE, 10:55 PM: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that “Joey Bats” has been placed back on the 15-day disabled list. He is obviously in danger of being shut down for the remainder of the 2012 season.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)