Aug 25, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Yes, the same wrist that forced him to the disabled list on July 17 and kept him there until August 24.
The Blue Jays will reevaluate Bautista after the game and again on Sunday morning before deciding whether he needs to be placed back on the shelf.
The 31-year-old drew a walk and scored a run before making his premature departure. He’s batting .241/.358/.527 with 27 home runs and 65 RBI through 399 plate appearances this season for Toronto.
UPDATE, 10:55 PM: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that “Joey Bats” has been placed back on the 15-day disabled list. He is obviously in danger of being shut down for the remainder of the 2012 season.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)