Aug 25, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Yes, the same wrist that forced him to the disabled list on July 17 and kept him there until August 24.
The Blue Jays will reevaluate Bautista after the game and again on Sunday morning before deciding whether he needs to be placed back on the shelf.
The 31-year-old drew a walk and scored a run before making his premature departure. He’s batting .241/.358/.527 with 27 home runs and 65 RBI through 399 plate appearances this season for Toronto.
UPDATE, 10:55 PM: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that “Joey Bats” has been placed back on the 15-day disabled list. He is obviously in danger of being shut down for the remainder of the 2012 season.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)