Aug 25, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
Yes, the same wrist that forced him to the disabled list on July 17 and kept him there until August 24.
The Blue Jays will reevaluate Bautista after the game and again on Sunday morning before deciding whether he needs to be placed back on the shelf.
The 31-year-old drew a walk and scored a run before making his premature departure. He’s batting .241/.358/.527 with 27 home runs and 65 RBI through 399 plate appearances this season for Toronto.
UPDATE, 10:55 PM: Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that “Joey Bats” has been placed back on the 15-day disabled list. He is obviously in danger of being shut down for the remainder of the 2012 season.
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 0
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 2
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 56
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 49
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games